Confident in God's Grace: My First Time Public Speaking!

"For I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength." Phil 4:13

 Today was a true victory through God in my life!! I was given the opportunity to speak at my church's Story Time to share my story with the staff of my church. I am in awe of His perfect timing that I was able to share my story in Rape and Sexual Assault Awareness Month!!! I will be honest I was terrified of speaking in front of people and telling a room full of people about my past and what God has done in my life.  At first I was overwhelmed with emotion my mind started spinning and over thinking everything. The enemy tried to fill my head with worry, doubt and fear. Negative thoughts started clouding my mind and overtaking me.  I sat down with my husband and told him the lies and fears that were overwhelming me. We sat and talked everything out together, prayed and I surrendered those lies and fears to God.  When the cloud was lifted from me I saw clear and I was able to spend my time praying in turn was able to write down what God wanted me to share.  After I was finished writing out my testimony I was still so fearful of public speaking and then God intervened. As I was taking a shower all of a sudden God recited my testimony in my mind and said,"Lisa don't worry I've got you covered. What you wrote are just your notes. I will speak through you!" In that moment I was truly humbled and felt a peace. God gave me his peace, strength and confidence in going into today.  When I was at the cafe today getting ready to tell my story all of a sudden my legs and arms started to shake and I felt a heaviness in my chest and my heart. I stopped myself and said OK God you have to do this for me!  God honored my surrender and I was able to speak clearly and exude confidence.  When I was finished I noticed one of the Pastor's with tears in his eyes and he immediately stood up and put his hand out to pray for me.  I looked around the room and everyone was standing up and it was as if to see all of God's army stand up to put their hands out to cover me in His blessings! WOW God is a faithful and graceful God!!! I have never felt such support and love from a crowd in no way was I expecting a standing ovation. I am still in awe of how great and freeing it was for me to speak publicly about this issue.  Every little step I take and every time I write I feel more free and I feel the healing in my heart!! God thank you for all you have done in my life, we had a true victory today together!!

I have attached a link to a youtube video of me speaking today at this event. My wonderful husband video taped me on his phone and uploaded it for me.  You will need to put it on full screen and turn your volume up. 


http://youtu.be/k5MONplxYes




**Also please keep in mind that the color for this month is teal and I would love to get any submissions of all things teal. I did my nails and toes teal for this month. Please send over a creative way to show your support for Sexual Abuse Survivors and email them to 4hopeandhealing@gmail.com.  Examples for teal- hats, shirts, rings, scarfs, a collar for your dog, etc. Please join me in this cause I will post some pics soon. God Bless!

Comments

  1. Lisa, what a encouraging testimony of how God showed up and spoke through you. It is all about Him! You are so calm speaking on the video and I am glad your husband supports you all the way. Thank you for sharing and that the power of His love can be demonstrated by the people that really do care about you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is, "AMEN". God is using you to do tremendous things. Your life is a true testimony of God's work... it is pouring out of you and I am so in AWE!!! Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I'm so honored to be your mom. :) I praise God how He has turned something so horrific happening in your life to something beautiful and healing. Dad and I are so proud of who you are. I love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Lisa, you are SO brave to get up in front of all those people & tell your story! You were so confident & didn't seem nervous at all! I've already forwarded the link to your video & blog to one of my relatives who will really benefit from hearing your story.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Story, My Love Letter to My Broken 16 yr old Self

RePost: My Story; My Love Letter to my 16yr Old Self