Let's Ask the Tough Questions, Part 1

Where is God when rape happens?

 Psalm 10:17 "Lord you know the hopes of the helpless. Surely you will hear their cries and comfort them."

     This verse is saying that God is always with us even when we are being attacked by someone. The reason why we can face being raped or molested is because God is there holding us up.  I believe that the worst crime against a woman is sexual assault and abuse and there were times when I was tormented by what happened.  I couldn't get up and keep going, I didn't feel worthy so God stepped in and gave me His strength to get out of bed in the morning and keep going, to keep living. Do you ever ask yourself why am I still alive? How am I still standing here going on after being violated in the worst way imaginable? How is it  possible for me to love and be intimate with a man again? That is God sending His strength to you to live and be a survivor. That is God that is giving you His courage to stand up and not be shattered into a million pieces every time you think about what happened to you. it is God that gives you the eyes to see that not all men are evil. he sends down His love, wisdom, and discernment to lead you to the right person in your life to love you as He does. i believe God hates evil, he has allowed sin on this earth but he hates rape! Unfortunately people are going to sin; men, women, and children are going to be raped. We have to ask God to help us and give us the strength to get up and live! We need to ask God to give us the courage to report our abuse to the authorities, to break our silence and not be ashamed to call ourselves survivors. I believe even if we aren't consciously asking God for strength and courage He gives it to us anyways. We must always remember that most of all God is with us to comfort us when no one else can.  Psalm 119:76 says " Now let your unfailing love comfort me, just as you promised me, your servant." Survivors please let God comfort you when you need it. Some times just talking about it with others doesn't make you feel better, you need a "Heavenly Hug." Ask Him and He won't ever let you down! I hope that these verses and my words of encouragement have helped you. I write this because it helped comfort me greatly! Some times I am so busy asking the tough questions like, "God where were you those three times when I was being raped?" I forget to ask myself the tough questions as well. So ask yourself those tough questions and God will show you exactly where He was. He was and always will be right there standing next to you! 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Story, My Love Letter to My Broken 16 yr old Self

Confident in God's Grace: My First Time Public Speaking!

Survivor Story #1 "There's Always Hope", by Laura