Let's Ask the Tough Questions, Part 2

What is God's response to rape?

    Have you ever wondered what God's response to rape is? What is He going to do to our attackers? He comforts me and leads me to healing, but what is doing to those who have wronged me?  In Proverbs 2:12 it says, "The Lord approves of those who are good, but he condemns those who plan wickedness." He condemns the wicked, who is more wicked to me than my rapists?  To condemn means to declare someone guilty; to sentence them; or to doom someone. I find it comforting to know that even though I didn't report the times that I was raped and they weren't condemned by the courts they are condemned by a much higher authority. In Psalm 11:5 it says,"The Lord examines both the righteous and the wicked. He hates those who love violence." Now hate is a strong and powerful word and it seems as though it's a human emotion or feeling. What does this verse mean to me? I believe that this word "hate" is not towards the actual person I believe it is referring to the actual act itself. Rape is a violent act and God hates it! I don't know about you but it's comforting for me to know that God hates what happened to me as much as I do.  In fact he hates it so much that He puts all of His time and effort to rescue me from the violent act against me. Every time I read an article or hear a news story on a rape it makes me feel sick to my stomach. Immediately they slap the attackers picture on the screen and interview their defense attorneys. The news reporters reporting the story don't even try to emphasize with the victim of the crime. The defense attorneys just talk strategy and assume the victim is lying or presume the that victim wanted it because she was wearing her tight jeans, low cut shirt and her favorite 4 inch heels. Welcome to our cynical society! Let me tell you what God our Heavenly Father is doing, in Psalm 12:5 it says "The Lord replies, I have seen violence done to the helpless, and I have heard the groans of the poor. Now I will rise up to rescue them as they have longed for me to do." While our cynical society is busy condemning the victim, God is busy rescuing you. He is showing you that you are not a victim but a survivor covered by His love and strength. God condemns your attacker and in the same breath rescues you and comforts you.  Proverbs 17:15 says, "Acquitting the guilty and condemning the innocent- both are detestable to the Lord." For those of you brave survivors who go to court and have to sit there and listen to lawyers trying to condemn you... Remember God is on your side sitting next to you wanting the same verdict as you! So what is God's response to rape? He hates what happened to you, condemns your attacker, He rescues you, comforts you, heals you, and gives you a great big "Heavenly Hug"! 
     I am going to leave you with a couple of verses that I love and are a great reminder of where I was and what God has done for me. Psalm 118:13-14, "My enemies did their best to kill me, but the Lord rescued me. The Lord is my strength and my song; He has given me victory."

REMEMBER GOD HAS GOT YOUR BACK ALWAYS, NOW, AND FOREVER!

Comments

  1. Your transparency and courage is amazing! It is sad to think that there are women still holding their story captive inside. I can't imagine how much is being eaten away as it continues. You reveal that the only way to healing is to bring each story out of darkness and into light so God can deal with it and with the victims. I hope victims and those who love them continue to be encouraged by your story.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Story, My Love Letter to My Broken 16 yr old Self

Confident in God's Grace: My First Time Public Speaking!

RePost: My Story; My Love Letter to my 16yr Old Self