Hope Will Be My Freedom



     Hope was the message God wanted to tattoo on my heart and soul on week two of my class.  Before our class we saw a speaker from the A21 Campaign, named Bianca.  For those of you who don't know who the A21 Campaign is; they are a group of Holy Spirit empowered women trying to end Human Trafficking.  This beautifully spirit filled woman spread God's message of hope that lit a fire in my heart for change.  God used her to tell me what I need to do to reach my goal and it's simple, "Put my Hope in God"!  He is bigger than me, bigger than my fears,  bigger than the lies I tell myself, bigger than my challenges, and He is most definitely bigger than my "Comfort Bubble of Dysfunction" that I so often like to stay in.  He is so BIG that my issues look like a tiny grain of sand next to the whole universe wrapped into a tight ball.  That is how BIG my God is!  He is so much bigger than my issues so why wouldn't I put my hope in God? The God that promises me to wipe all of my worries, fear and pain away...  All I have to do is put my hope in Him.  I am offered freedom through my hope and trust in God right there on a silver platter, but I have a major issue.  I am human and I have trained myself to go back to my "Comfort Bubble of Dysfunction" and keep my feelings captive, locked away in my vault.  My own vault is so locked tight that I can't even seem to break into it. Well these are the lies that hold me back from the freedom that I crave and long for.  So I cry out(Ps 43:3-5), 
   
 " Send out your light and your truth; let them guide me. Let them lead me to your holy mountain, to the place where you live. There I will go to the altar of God, to God- the source of my joy. I will praise you with my harp, O'God, my God! Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again- my Savior and my God!"

      This is a great battle cry to God, it speaks for me what sometimes I can't say to Him but my heart is begging me to just cry out to my Heavenly Father.  All I need to do is put my hope in God and my battle with myself and my "learned and trained" bad habits will go away. God promises to teach me new habits, He promises to renew my mind and retrain my brain! He will unlock my vault and set my feelings free, He will bring the words for me express how I am feeling! God will pop that "Comfort Bubble of Dysfunction" for good!  So I will strive everyday to put my hope in God and He will win my battle for me.  


I heard this song and it totally describes my battles with myself, my issue with perfectionism and how I know through God I will be free! I hope you enjoy it! 


I hope that those of you that read this find hope and know that you can overcome any obstacles that are in your way!! 



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Story, My Love Letter to My Broken 16 yr old Self

Confident in God's Grace: My First Time Public Speaking!

RePost: My Story; My Love Letter to my 16yr Old Self